How do I apply for a military exemption on my mobile home?

If your home of record is not South Carolina, you do not have to pay personal property taxes while permanently stationed in this state.

In order for your mobile home to qualify, it must be your primary residence. It must also be registered and titled in the service member’s name to qualify for 100% exemption (if joint ownership is not with a spouse 50% of the exemption will apply).

This exemption does not include county taxes on real property. To obtain the exemption, you can submit your latest Leave and Earnings Statement and photocopy of current military ID to the Auditor’s office. You can mail, fax or hand-deliver these documents to the Auditor’s Office to receive the exemption. This exemption is valid for one year, and you will need to reapply every year.

For More Information

For more information or to submit your documentation, contact the Auditor’s Office.

Show All Answers

1. How does the property tax system work?
2. What do you mean by assessment ratio?
3. If I mail my tax payment, what is the last date it can be postmarked before being considered late?
4. Whom do I complain to about high taxes?
5. What is the value of a mill and does it change?
6. How do I apply for a military exemption on my mobile home?