The Williamsburg County Voter Registration & Election Office is always looking for excited and qualified poll workers to work on Election Day. Becoming a poll worker is a great opportunity to give back to your community while learning the electoral process.
In order to be a poll manager or clerk, YOU MUST:
- Be a registered voter. Sixteen- or Seventeen-year-olds can also work as assistant poll managers.
- Attend a Poll Manager Training Class before EACH election. Classes are between 2.5 to 3 hours in length.
- Be willing and able to work the ENTIRE Election Day, from approximately 6:00 AM until approximately 8:00 PM.
- Be non-partisan and neutral when working an election.
- Not be related to or work for any candidate on the ballot in your assigned precinct.
Election Day Responsibilities include:
- Processing of voters
- Activating the Ballot Marking Device for each voter
- Compliance with election law and procedures, and general assistance to voters
Poll Worker Pay
Clerks (the lead poll manager): Poll Managers and Assistants
$60.00 for training $60.00 for training
$60.00 for paperwork and responsibilities $100.00 for working all of election day
$100.00 for working all of election day
$100.00 for additional training
If you are interested in this opportunity, please complete the following form below that applies to you:
When your application is received, you will be added to our mailing list. We will keep you informed of upcoming Poll Manager training sessions and elections. Once a position becomes available at a precinct in our county, the Director uses this database to contact citizens to fill the vacancy. For further information about working the polls, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Board of Voter Registration & Elections at (843)355-6044.
Once contacted ALL NEW Workers must fill out Human Resource Paperwork and email to email@example.com.