Inspections, Permits & Applications


  • Contact the Building Inspection Department of Permitting Department for the detailed inspection list under each type or discipline.
  • A Flood Elevation Certificate is needed for "A" and "AE" zones.

Septic Tank Applications

To obtain a permit for a septic tank system, please visit the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control website.

Code Book

Access a current code book through the International Code Council website; there are other sites on the internet where the codes may be viewed and/or purchased.